This weeks post was supposed to be about an opposing side to my argument that Facebook will not be the last social network that we'll see. I tried the obvious option of Google-ing and what I found was quite interesting. No matter what combination of words I chose, "Facebook Forever," "Facebook Will Last," "Facebook Never Ending," "Facebook Finished," "Facebook Last Social Networking Site (and cite)," I keep getting either adds from Facebook itself, or blogs about Facebook ending! The most optimistic one I found in my search was Facebook lasting 5 years. AWESOME ARTICLE...yeah basically is an article that is actually titled , "Is Facebook A Fad?" and in the comments underneath it, there was a guy that said Facebook isn't going anywhere just like the mailman isn't either. I find this an interesting way to look at it. Mail isn't really used anymore, so therefore the mailman is LESS USED but they are not all dead and gone. I suppose my question of "is Facebook a fad," just like the article responses mentioned, is not really the question but when and why and the logistics of it. Facebook might even stay around, like Myspace still exists, but it will just be dominated.
I did notice that the articles most common were Facebook pages that were supporting Facebook lasting forever and not going away and so on. People obviously like their Facebook and those pages are just ones created by avid Facebook users who are just to "like" and that's really all. I can't really disagree with people if there isn't as much as a voice out there against me as I thought. Maybe I'm going to have to change my position a tad, or just be SUPER supported and I'll take the kind-of-against-me articles and build them up...hmmm to think about
No comments:
Post a Comment